Yoghurt Prawns Curry is one of the simplest form of Curry or Masala which goes very well with Hot Rice, Chapati's and Dosa's. Wanted a quick side dish for our dinner and I was not in a mood for any lenghty cooking process. So tried out this simple Prawns Curry with Yoghurt and it turned out to be soooo good. This dish consumes very less ingredients and is done within minutes.
So here's the recipe for Prawns Yoghurt Curry/Masala.
Fresh cleaned prawns - 150g
Onion - 1 chopped
Yoghurt/Curds - 2 tbsp (or more if you want more gravy)
Ginger- Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Haldi/ Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Garma Masala powder- 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Fresh Coriander leaves for garanishing
1. Wash and Clean the prawns and keep it aside.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadai and add chopped Onion to it. Fry till it gets slightly brown in color.
3. Add Ginger garlic paste and saute it for a minute.
4. Now add cleaned prawns, Haldi and fresh Yoghurt. Mix well and cook it in a medium flame by covering it with a lid for about 5 mins. Don't add water. Let the prawns cook in yoghurt.
5. After Prawns are half done add remaining spice powder like red chilli powder and Garam Masala powder. Add Salt to taste and cook it for another 3-4 mins till prawns are done and the gravy thickens a bit.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot with rice, chapati, dosa or any thing you prefer.
Sending this to the following events
South Indian Cooking by Anu and Olympic Games Event by Priya
Check out my other blogs